West Des Moines city officials are taking steps to provide the city’s restaurants and bars increased flexibility for outside service areas, the city announced in a release. While all Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division requirements will remain in place, the city will consider removing the requirement for a temporary use permit in some instances. In addition, the city manager has been given authority to approve outdoor service area applications. The city is taking these steps to help restaurants and bars that have lost revenue due to the pandemic.  Restaurant and bar owners who want to add or expand outdoor service areas should contact West Des Moines City Clerk Ryan Jacobson at ryan.jacobson@wdm.iowa.gov.